Disclaimer: The “Ad-Lib” category under our news section is a less formal format where we, from time to time, share fun, geeky, interesting and sometimes just plain silly, information with fans and visitors. See it more like a blog post format where we, the employees, can express ourselves within our areas of interest.
So, we wanted to make E3 something special this year. We decided to showcase not only the latest PAYDAY2 DLC – The Casino and PAYDAY 2: Crimewave Edition in our fabulous casino themed booth occupying our usual spot in the West Hall lobby. Nah we wanted more. We decided that we wanted the space next to it as well, to feature a first preview of OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead. In VR. With our new VR-initiative and HMD StarVR. Boom.
Also, did we mention we had real life walkers roaming the halls? It was awesome.
We had a great time meeting members of the press, old as well as new potential partners and fans, serving up more than 1200 VR-demos throughout the week. Please enjoy a selected news sweep starting from the announcement of our E3 line-up at House of Blues on June 13 and onwards together with a gallery below:
- Forbes: A New Oculus Rift Challenger Approaches — Say Hello To The 5K Ultrawide StarVR Headset
- Eurogamer: The IMAX of VR headsets announced by Starbreeze
- DI Digital: Svenska Starbreeze utmanar med virtual reality-glasögon (Swedish)
- VentureBeat: GamesBeat’s E3 non-awards: Best consensual groping on the show floor
- VentureBeat: Why Starbreeze thinks it can compete with Facebook’s Oculus Rift and Valve’s Steam VR
- RoadtoVR: StarVR Detailed Hands-on: Big Field of View, Even Bigger Potential
- FastCompany: VIRTUAL REALITY IS FINALLY GROWING UP
- Yahoo Finance: Oculus Rift vs. StarVR: The Beginning of the VR Wars – Stocks in the News
- IGN: E3 2015: BROTHERS: A TALE OF TWO SONS, THE WALKING DEAD DEV REVEALS ITS OWN VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET
- Gameinformer: Starbreeze Unveils Project StarVR With The Walking Dead Demo
- Polygon: Hands-on with The Walking Dead’s weird new approach to virtual reality
- PC GAMER: Starbreeze is working on its own VR headset
- GizMag: StarVR: The rising virtual reality star that caught E3 by surprise (hands-on)
- UploadVR: Hands-On with StarVR’s Helmet and the Computers that Power It All
- iDigitalTimes: ‘The Walking Dead’: Overkill’s First-Person Shooter Might Feature Familiar Faces [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tom’s Hardware: Starbreeze Acquires InfinitEye, Announces Project StarVR
- GamesRadar: Overkill’s The Walking Dead game is better than the TV show
- Examiner.com: Walkers take over the House of Blues at unveiling of new Walking Dead Game