Action-Packed Co-op Shooter Arrives Today on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One in North America,
and on Oct. 13 in Europe, the Middle East and Asia
CALABASAS, Calif. – Oct. 10, 2017 – Starbreeze, Lion game Lion and 505 Games today released their thrilling period first-person shooter RAID: World War II on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in North America for $39.99. The action-packed game will arrive on consoles in Europe, the Middle East and Asia on Friday, Oct. 13. Players who purchase the game on console will receive an exclusive in-game Golden Leather Jacket for their characters.
RAID: World War II is a four-player FPS that combines exciting cooperative gameplay and stealth mechanics. RAID’s unique character classes, special hero abilities, customizable weapons and uniforms, and real-world war-torn locations bring this surreal conflict to life as players fight for their freedom against the dastardly Nazi regime through sabotage, robbery and assassination. Four prisoners of war, freed by an ominous secret British intelligence officer named “Mrs. White,” must band together to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all.
Players will utilize key game features to save Europe from the Nazi threat and get rich, including:
- Class-based Gameplay – Choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff themselves or the entire team;
- Character Customization – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theater of WWII: Great Britain, the USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and customizable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – The Second World War was infamous for arming the world with experimental weapons that went “bang” in deadly fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with upgrades like custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety of tastes;
- Operations Mode – Play through extended versions of your favorite missions with the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-world Locations – Travel through real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From the mighty flak towers dominating the heart of Berlin to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will bring destruction to the Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
# # #
Watch the RAID: World War II trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XARRgLUzSiA
Download the latest press assets for RAID: World War II here: http://www.starbreeze.com/presskit
For more information, please contact:
Almir Listo, Global Brand Director, Starbreeze AB
Tel: +46(0)8-209 208, email: email@example.com
Sandbox Strategies for Starbreeze AB
Johner Riehl/Javi Carlos
Wonacott Communications for 505 Games
About Lion Game Lion
Lion Game Lion, founded in 2013, is an independent studio located in Zagreb, Croatia, employing industry veterans from OVERKILL and elsewhere. See http://www.liongamelion.com for more information.
Starbreeze is an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products. With studios in Stockholm, Paris, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Brussels, the company creates games and other virtual reality entertainment products, based on proprietary design and licensed content. Starbreeze most recent games include PAYDAY 2®, the VR shooter John Wick Chronicles and the upcoming survival co-op FPS OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead. Under its publishing initiative, Starbreeze has together with Canadian studio Behaviour Digital successfully launched the horror thriller Dead by Daylight.
Starbreeze has set out to develop truly immersive virtual reality experiences, by integrating software and hardware in its StarVR® head mounted display, which is produced together with Acer.
About 505 Games
505 Games is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include Last Day of June, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Inside/Limbo. Upcoming titles include Indivisible (from the development team behind Skullgirls), Underworld Ascendant (successor to the popular Ultima Underworld series), and Koji Igarashi’s next project, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China. It works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.